Comprehensive Inspections of All Residential Buildings
Building Inspections Melbourne Registered Practitioners have the expertise to deliver a detailed inspection of your property for your peace of mind ,before purchasing conduct a building inspections Melbourne report.
We not only identify structural issues but we will conduct a detailed inspection of all areas internally and externally as well as the drainage, plumbing, sub floor, roof space and we will identify any issues with termites
Currently, in Victoria, there is no legislation as to who can perform a building inspection, so it’s important to make sure your inspector is registered with the VBA and has insurance (check out his details on the VBA website)we inspect as per requirements of the Victorian Building Authority guidelines.
House -Inspections is one of Melbourne’s leading based property inspection firms providing low-cost building inspections in Melbourne
Whether you’re renting, buying or selling a home, it’s well worth getting a house inspection. A property inspection will let you know if anything in the home needs to be fixed or if there are issues, such as termites, dampness or other problems that could be quite costly to repair.
Initially, you may not want to spend the money on a building inspection, however, they can be extremely beneficial because they provide a strong insight into the condition of the property. Building Inspections Melbourne are VBA Registered Builders
Pre Purchase Building Inspections – Pre Auction Building Inspections and House Inspections are basically the same type of inspection and process is the same but Building Pest Inspections is a report that includes pest inspection report as well as a Building Report.
Building Pest Inspections are our most popular building inspection report that details the existence of termite nests and any termite damage to internal/external timbers and there location.
Thousands of people around the world have decided against building inspections in Melbourne and then they’ve found that their property has issues that they didn’t allow for.
It’s important that you get your inspection done prior to signing any legal contracts. Doing so prior to signing gives you the opportunity to back out of a sale that you don’t want to carry on with, which can save you money in the long run or to re negotiate the contract price
If you have your building inspected, you may be up for the cost of repairs, however, you will find yourself being able to ask for a property price reduction, or you could negotiate the terms of the sales agreement so that you do not have to pay for such repairs yourself.
When your building inspector has completed your building inspection report you will have a better knowledge of the true condition of the building.
This comprehensive report, will give the reasons why you should buy the building or to re negotiate the price.
You will be able to decide the most appropriate course of action to take, whether that’s to back out of buying the property, request that repairs be made by the owner or simply walk away .
What are the defects and problems a building inspector will look for? The building inspector will crawl under the floor, inside the roof and everywhere in between also investigating the site drainage, grounds and retaining walls to uncover any hidden defects.
Basically everything from the foundations to the roof all accessible areas of the property and site An example of Some of the problems building inspectors will be looking for include:
- Damage to any sub floor piers/stumps
- Drainage defects
- Structural Defects
- Retaining wall defects
- Damage to Roof structure
- Sign of termites
- Fungal decay to any timbers
Pre Purchase Building Inspections are your best protection against pouring money into a home or investment property only to find out later that the property is riddled with defects.
Having a pre-purchase building and pest inspection done prior to buying can save you thousands in the end ,don’t take the risk.
House-Inspections are VBA Registered Building Practitioners with many years of experience giving you peace of mind that you are in good hands.
You can use this list to easy identify and inspect areas of property
Check off those items that are in good condition and make notes about those that are not. (Note that this list describes an ideal house, but in our experience no house is perfect – not even brand new ones!!)
This list below is only some of the items we inspect for a full list contact House-Inspections
There are over 1000 items of a property that are inspected below are some of the areas and items that are inspected fort any defects.
Proper grading of site water not going to foundations, drainage away from house
No evidence of blocked drains
Trees and walkways in good condition
No branches or bushes touching house or overhanging the roof
Exterior structures (fences, sheds, decks, retaining walls, detached garages) in good condition, no evidence of termite damage or rot to any timbers
Railings on stairs and decks are adequate and secure with no movement
Driveways, sidewalks, patios, landings in good condition, and falling away from property
Down pipes drainage directed away from the house
Ridge and fascia board lines straight and level
Sides of house appear straight, not bowed or sagging
Window and door frames appear square (especially bowed windows)
Visible foundation in good condition – appears straight, plumb, with no significant cracking to any areas
Masonry brickwork in good condition, no cracks evident
lintels OK with no rust visible
Exterior surfaces such as Windows, Doors and Wood Trim are ok with no rot
No gaps between walls and window junctions
No broken glass panes or damaged screens
Flashing to windows OK
- No evidence of broken tiles or rust to metal decks
- No debris into gutters
- Valleys and flashings ok
- Roof line level with no dips
- Ridge capping ok
- Soffits and fascia’s not showing any signs of rot to timber.
- No plumbing penetrations through brickwork that have not been sealed
- No rust to Gutters, are they secured with no sagging or evidence of ponding.
- Insulation ok to internal roof joists, any sisalation to tiles
- Floors, walls and ceilings appear straight and plumb
- No stains on floors, walls or ceilings
- Flooring/tiling in good condition
- No cracks to walls or ceilings
- Windows and exterior doors operate easily and latch properly, no broken glass, no sashes painted shut, no decay; windows and doors have weather-stripping, Interior doors operate easily and latch properly, no damage or decay, locks working as intended.
- Paint, wall covering, and wall panels in good condition with no termite or borer damage
- Light switches operating as intended
- Heating and cooling units working
- Exhaust fans in good working order
- Stoves and cook tops working as intended
- Dishwasher working ok, draining ok
- No leaks below cabinets in bathrooms, laundry, kitchen
- No water hammer with adequate water pressure
- Cabinets in good working order
- Sinks bathtubs and showers drain as intended
- No sign of rusting to metal laundry cabinets
- Toilets operation ok,no blockages noted
- Toilet secured as required and caulked
- All caulking to tile junctions ok with no voids
- Garage door opening and closing as intended, evidence of motor
- Evidence of moisture internally or in roof space and sub floor
- Stumps in sub floor ok ,no rot at base
- Bearers and floor joists ok no termite damage
- Soil not damp, no debris to sub floor
- Rafter and ceiling joist ok ,no defects noted
- No termite damage to any structural timbers
House-Inspections are VBA Registered Building Practitioners with many years of experience conducting Building Inspections throughout all Melbourne suburbs, press .
For more information contact George on 0450 632 867.