Is your house inspector independent?
Responsibilities of Independent Building Inspections Melbourne
- A thorough inspection of each stage of the construction.
- To verify that the new property is built in accordance with the applicable building codes.
- To look at the blueprints and engineering drawings for the building.
- At every level of the building, any defective work must be reported and rectified.
- To advise a client (i.e., a business, a homeowner, or a home buyer) on whether to make a payment.
- To act as a consultant during the construction process.
- To ensure that all new properties are built and finished in compliance with the National Construction Code.
- To ensure that the surveyors, tradespeople, site managers, and builders perform a good job.
The greatest thing about having a building inspection done is that it gives you a general picture of the state of the structure and the surrounding neighborhood.